Operance is a turnkey professional services and software developer providing digital solutions for customers in the AECO (Architecture, Engineering, Construction and Operations) sector. Following investment, rapid growth and a strong pipeline of work, we are looking for a full-time Senior BIM Manager to join our friendly, creative and innovative team.
We are a small, agile, fast-growing and remote-first business with satellite office space in London and across the UK allowing us to recruit the country’s best talent.
With headquarters based at the Centre for Digital Innovation [C4DI], situated in Hull’s tech and social-driven Fruit Market district, Operance has a bold vision for organising the world’s building information to create safer, more efficient environments.
- Development and maintenance of key BIM process documents such as OIR, AIR and EIR.
- Prepare BIM execution plans and project specific training documentation.
- Proficient use of BIM authoring tools to provide technical support and mentoring required to the project team.
- Graphical and non-graphical (data) model auditing and reporting using our Operance tools.
- Organise, chair and minute BIM project-related meetings and workshops.
- Preparation, production and transfer of COBie Data deliverables.
- Interface with all project stakeholders to ensure that data is exchanged effectively and in formats that support their onward purpose.
- Understand and ensure any changes in procedure and standards are effectively communicated to project teams.
- Client team, project team and supply chain training and support.
- Engaging with clients and asset owning organisations to identify, explore and challenge their Information Management requirements.
What you get back
- Full-time salary of £25k-£30k per year dependent upon experience
- Business delivery-related expenses
- 28 days paid leave plus the statutory bank holidays
- Flexibility – work flexible hours to suit you
- Pension – Smart pension with 3% employer contribution fully managed and available online
- Competitive Salary – We know it is not all about money but we value and appreciate what you do
- Location – Remote first: manage your work/life balance by working from home, your favourite cafe, hotel, campervan, one of our many UK satellite office spaces or at our C4DI Tech Campus headquarters in Hull’s vibrant Fruit Market – it’s up to you!
We love working with people that are curious, honest, innovative, personable and selfless above all else, but also appreciate the following ability to regularly learn and implement new skills, make decisions through evidence, generate digital assets and solve problems.
Degree level or equivalent qualification in Engineering, Mathematics, Software Engineering, Computer Science or other relevant disciplines desirable but not necessary.
- Proven track record working on PAS 1192 and ISO 19650 projects
- Knowledge of Solibri and Autodesk Revit desirable but not necessary
- Good oral and written communication
- Good knowledge of latest trends in digital construction technology
- Sound technical understanding of UK construction processes, procedures, rules and regulations
- Competent skills in project management
- Proficient document and report writing
- Basic knowledge of coding and data science an advantage but not necessary
- A curious, innovative nature with a desire to learn and constantly improve